Talking to Tony Nominees: Interviews With Sting, Chita Rivera, Elisabeth Moss, and More
In preparation for this Sunday's Tonys, we've been taking a look back at all of the awards hopefuls we had the opportunity to chat with in the last few months. From Hedwig and the Angry Inch star and creator John Cameron Mitchell, who had no idea at the time that he'd be selected for a special award, to The Visit's Chita Rivera, who reflected on Tony seasons past, TheaterMania is proud to present — in no particular order — our Top 15 Talks with Tony Nominees.
1. Chita Rivera: From Tomboy to Ballerina to Broadway Legend
Chita Rivera is a Best Actress in a Musial nominee for The Visit.
2. Sting Responds to the The Last Ship 's SOS Call
Sting is a nominee for Best Original Score (Music and/or Lyrics) Written for the Theatre for The Last Ship.
3. 8 Questions With Elisabeth Moss: Heroine-ism Through the Lens of Heidi Holland and Peggy Olson
Elisabeth Moss is a Best Actress in a Play nominee for The Heidi Chronicles.
4. Kelli O'Hara and Bartlett Sher: A Passeggiata Down the Path of a Broadway Partnership
Kelli O'Hara and Bartlett Sher are nominated for Best Actress in a Musical and Best Direction of a Musical for The King and I.
5. With Fun Home, Michael Cerveris Becomes a Broadway Dad, While Remembering His Own
Michael Cerveris is a Best Actor in a Musical nominee for Fun Home.
6. John Cameron Mitchell Wants to "F**k Up Broadway" in Hedwig and the Angry Inch
John Cameron Mitchell is the recipient of a 2015 Special Tony Award.
7. Are Four Tony Nominations and a New Album "Good Enough" for Fun Home Mom Judy Kuhn?
Judy Kuhn is a Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical for Fun Home.
8. Out of the Ring and On the Twentieth Century: Andy Karl on His Latest Broadway Role
Andy Karl is a Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Musical for On the Twentieth Century.
9. Nathaniel Parker, Wolf Hall 's King Henry VIII, on Awards, Arrogance, and Family
Nathanial Parker is a Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Role in a Play for Wolf Hall: Parts 1 & 2.
10. Hand to God 's Geneva Carr Chose the Road Not Taken and Wound Up at the Tony Awards
Geneva Carr is a Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play for Hand to God.
11. An American in Paris Stars Robert Fairchild and Leanne Cope Glide Through Award Season
Robert Fairchild and Leanne Cope are nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical and Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical for An American in Paris.
12. Dancing Through a Dream: On the Town 's Joshua Bergasse, Tony Yazbeck, and Megan Fairchild Bring a Ballet to Life
Joshua Bergasse and Tony Yazbeck are nominated for Best Choreography and Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical for On the Town.
13. Something Rotten!‘s Creatives Talk Their Broadway Crash Course and the Art of Letting Go
Wayne Kirkpatrick and Karey Kirkpatrick are nominated for Best Original Score (Music and/or Lyrics) Written for the Theatre and Karey Kirkpatrick and John O'Farrell are nominated for Best Book of a Musical for Something Rotten!
14. Broadway's Busiest Director: Scott Ellis on Working With James Earl Jones, Bradley Cooper, and Kristin Chenoweth
Scott Ellis is a nominee for Best Direction of a Play for You Can't Take it With You.
15. Craig Lucas on An American in Paris, New York Audiences, and Why Book Writers Get No Respect
Craig Lucas is a nominee for Best Book of a Musical for An American in Paris.