AWOL Project Seeks New Musicals for Readings
1. Please include a typed synopsis and character breakdown.
2. You may submit up to 30 typed pages of script; they do not have to be consecutive.
3. Please include any demo or scratch recordings you may have.
4. Please include a sample of 5 to 10 pages of piano-vocal music or lead sheets.
5. Please include a biographical statement and complete contact info for all writers on the project.
AWOL Project will consider works of all cast sizes and breakdowns but is especially interested in musicals written to be performed by two to seven actors.
Submissions will be accepted and read throughout the year, but to be considered for this summer's reading, materials must be postmarked no later than March 22. Musicals that are currently under option are not eligible. Adaptations or other use of material protected by copyright must include proof of rights to use source material. Please note that submitted materials will not be returned unless you include a self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage. You may include a stamped self-addressed post card with the title of your play on the message side if you would like notification of receipt of materials. Please do not send any manuscripts electronically.
All materials should be mailed to:
AWOL Project, Inc.
Attn: Kathi Iannacone
414 West 44th St, #1A
New York, NY 10036