Kathy Evans, founder and executive director of the Rhinebeck Writers Retreat, has announced the nine musicals and eighteen writers chosen to participate in the third-annual residency program. The selected writing teams include Kyle Jarrow and Tony Award winner Duncan Sheik (The Caucasian Chalk Circle); Tony Award nominees Heidi Rodewald and Stew (Passing Strange); and Jason Williams, Lance Rubin, and Drama Desk Award nominee Joe Iconis ("Broadway Here I Come" from NBC's Smash).
For nine consecutive weeks between June 23 and August 25, each writing team will be given a weeklong residency in Rhinebeck, New York to write their original musical. A distinguished panel including Mara Isaacs of the McCarter Theatre, Donna Lynn Hilton of Goodspeed Musicals, and Kent Nicholson of Playwrights Horizons reviewed over 90 submissions to select the nine teams of musical theater writers. The program is fully funded by donors including The ASCAP Foundation, The Dramatists Guild Fund, and The Noël Coward Foundation.
Take a look at the complete lineup of writing teams scheduled for the nine weeks of residencies:
• June 23-30: Timothy Huang, Peter and the Wall — underwritten by The Dramatists Guild Fund
• June 30-July 7: Kait Kerrigan and Brian Lowdermilk, Unbound — underwritten by The ASCAP Foundation
• July 7-14: Joe Iconis, Jason Williams, and Lance Rubin, Annie Golden, Bounty Hunter, Yo! — underwritten by Jeff Zadroga, in honor of Frederick Adams Farrar II
• July 14-21: Rob Shapiro, Catch — underwritten by Alec Stais and Elissa Burke
• July 21 - 28: Jenny Giering, Laura Harrington, and Adam Gwon, Alice Bliss — underwritten by Stacey Mindich Productions
• July 28 – August 4: Stew and Heidi Rodewald, Family Album — underwritten by Brian Hargrove and David Hyde Pierce
• August 4 - 11: Patricia Cotter and Lori Scarlett; Ladykillers — underwritten in part by Peter Risafi and Rick Farrar
• August 11 - 17: Will Reynolds and Eric Price; Radioactive — underwritten by The Noël Coward Foundation.
• August 17 – 25: Kyle Jarrow and Duncan Sheik, Noir — underwritten by Stacey Mindich Productions
Share via Email
Don't show this again.