An exact date has not yet been determined, but the closure will take place in the near future, according to a store employee.
Home to one of the largest collections of sheet music in the country, Colony Records was founded in 1948 on Broadway and West 52nd Street by Harold S. "Nappy" Grossbardt and Sidney Turk after the closure of Colony Sporting Goods, Grossbardt's then-employer. The store, which quickly became a destination for high profile musicians, concertgoers, and theater people alike, moved in the early 1970s to its current location, 1619 Broadway in the Brill Building.
Share via Email
Don't show this again.