5 Lesbians Come Out With a Special Quiche
To celebrate National Coming Out Day on Thursday, October 11, the company of 5 Lesbians Eating a Quiche, playing SoHo Playhouse October 13-November 20, has released a very special recipe for a "Coming Out Quiche."
It's a deliciously easy way to let people know you're gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender!
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup ice water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
12 oz. butternut squash grated
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
8 ounces arugula stems trimmed, leaves coarsely chopped
Directions for crust:
1. Mix flour and salt with fork.
2. Beat oil and water with whisk or fork to thicken.
3. Pour into flour and mix with fork.
4. Press into 9" pie crust.
5. Fill with quiche mixture and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until done.
Directions for filling:
1. Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
2. Sauté your butternut squash until it becomes tender.
3. Sauté arugula until just wilted.
4. Scatter your sautéed butternut squash, arugula and crumbled goat cheese over the quiche base.
5. Pour your egg mixture on top of the butternut squash, arugula and crumbled goat cheese.
6. At 400 degrees Fahrenheit bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the quiche is slightly puffed, and springy to the touch.
For TheaterMania's previous announcement of the Soho Playhouse run of 5 Lesbians Eating a Quiche, click here.