Closing Soon Dec 18, 2017
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
In the Guggenheim Museum's iconic rotunda, celebrate the season with the joyous sounds of holiday music and a new Works & Process commission by composer Nico Muhly. Inspired by the Institute for the Study of the Ancient World's interpretation of the oldest song in the world, this Works & Process commission is an extension of Lenka Clayton and Jon Rubin's project ...circle through New York, a part of the Guggenheim Social Practice initiative. George Steel conducts the Vox Vocal Ensemble in what has become a revered annual tradition.
2017 Works & Process Holiday Concert Program: Music of New York City
- Nico Muhly — new commission premiere
- Nico Muhly — Senex Puerum Portabat (2008, written for the Vox Holiday Concert in the rotunda)
- George Steel — Rotunda Fanfares (world premiere)
- John Corigliano — Christmas at the Cloisters (arranged by Steel)
- Philip Glass — Étoile Polaire (from North Star)
- Meredith Monk — Panda Chant II