Theater Resources Unlimited (TRU) presents its next monthly networking panel, The Forgotten Members of Your Production Team: Casting Director, Dialect Coach, Dramaturg, Fight Coach and Others, a discussion focused on the benefits and costs of including these experts on your production team.
Panelists will include Jennifer Peralta-Ajemian & Robin Carus, Partners/Casting Directors, J&R creative; designer/technical director Nadine Charlsen; dialect coach Amy Stoller of Stoller System: Dialect Coaching and Design; fight coordinator David Dean Hastings, currently on the Stage Combat Faculty at The American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA), NY; dramaturg and casting director Catherine Lamm; and dramaturg Anne Hamilton of Hamilton Dramaturgy.
Networking and refreshments will begin at 7pm.
What promises to be a lively discussion will focus on the following questions:
• Even when producing on a limited budget, can you afford not to have all the members of your team on board?
• Is extra cost is worth it for the finished product? You might have to juggle your budget, but don't short-change your art.
• When can a casting director help you find the best talent?
• How can a dramaturg and a dialect coach keep an eye on authenticity and offer social and political contexts to support the drama on stage?
• What are the strict union rules about something as simple as a stage slap, and how might a fight coordinator be legally essential?
• What are the standard fees are for these invaluable team members? How can you work with each of them most effectively?
Visit the The Forgotten Members of Your Production Team website: