WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
The sixth annual TEDxBroadway returns with new speakers, a new format, and a new focus on meaningful dialogue with all attendees. True to TED tradition, TEDxBroadway includes speakers with varying perspectives and expertise. Among this year's participants are the following:
- Tina Landau, a writer, director, and teacher whose work includes directing and conceiving The Spongebob Musical.
- Alton Fitzgerald White, a singer, actor, and dancer who broke Broadway records with 4,308 performances as King Mufasa in The Lion King.
- Dr. Desmond Upton Patton, an assistant professor at the Columbia School of Social Work and a faculty affiliate of the Social Intervention Group (SIG) and the Data Science Institute (DSI).
- Rachelle Pereira, the cofounder of EQUALibrium Group, a leadership and communication consulting firm dedicated to nurturing and building powerful modern leaders.
- Lester Vrtiak, who manages the Sing for Hope Pianos program, the country's largest recurring public arts project of artist-designed pianos placed throughout the parks and public spaces of New York City's five boroughs each summer.
- Jon Albert, the founder and president of Jack & Jill Late Stage Cancer Foundation.