Sh-K-Boom Records will release a new album from Tony Award nominee Sherie Rene Scott (Everyday Rapture), entitled All Will Be Well — The Piece of Meat Studio Sessions, on March 25. The album features songs from her solo show Piece of Meat and also includes additional tunes that reflect more personal themes of love, discovery, spirituality and disillusionment. Todd Almond serves as the album's producer, arranger, and music director.
All Will Be Well offers a combination of contemporary rock, jazz, and folk, with interpretations of songs by Joni Mitchell, Talking Heads, and Noah and the Whale, in addition to original songs written by Scott and Almond. "The album is about true love, and letting go of a way of being," says Scott. "It's about how to decide what to hang on to, and what to let go of."
Take a look at the complete track list for All Will Be Well — The Piece of Meat Studio Sessions:
1. Five Years Time (Noah and the Whale)
2. Oh, Sean (Todd Almond)
3. Honestly – duet with Todd Almond (Annie Lennox)
4. All I Want (Joni Mitchell)
5. I Am an Animal (Pete Townshend)
6. Love Over Gold (Mark Knopfler)
7. This Is Why We Do This (Music by Todd Almond/Lyrics by Todd Almond and Adam Bock)
8. Moments of Pleasure (Kate Bush)
9. Devotion (Music by Todd Almond/Lyrics by Sherie Rene Scott)
Bonus: Life During Wartime (David Byrne/Chris Frantz/Jerry Harrison/Tina Weymouth)
Watch Scott's music video for the single "Oh, Sean" below.
Don't show this again.