Huntington Theatre Company presents a brand-new version of the William Shakespeare comedy Love's Labour's Lost. Huntington artistic director Nicholas Martin directs.
Love's Labour's Lost tells the tale of the King of Navarre who, along with his three young lords, takes a three-year oath of chastity that precludes them from seeing or visiting women, in order to focus on their academic studies. Their oaths are tested almost immediately by the unannounced visit of the Princess of France and her three beautiful ladies-in-waiting. Covert meetings, misdirected love notes, and battles of wits ensue as the men try hilariously to keep their promise.
* Mon. at 7:30 pm (5/15 only)
* Tues.-Thurs. at 7:30 p.m. (except 5/30)
* Fri. & Sat. at 8 p.m.
* Sun. at 7 p.m. (6/4 only)
* Weds. at 2 p.m. (5/24 and 6/7 only)
* Sat. & Sun. at 2 p.m. (except 5/13 and 5/14)