Several generations have fallen under the spell of Rodgers & Hammerstein's enchanting musical Cinderella, first shown on CBS Television in 1957 starring Julie Andrews, re-made with Lesley Ann Warren in 1965, and most recently with Brandy, Whitney Houston and Paolo Montalban in 1997. Now this small-screen classic comes to life in a spectacular new adaptation by Tom Briggs, with musical arrangements and supervision by Andrew Lippa. Filled with timeless characters, irresistible romance and the unforgettable songs of Rodgers & Hammerstein, Cinderella is brought to life with the kind of dazzling stagecraft that will leave audiences happily ever after!
And to further celebrate the Holiday spirit, Atlanta Lyric Theatre and The Strand Theatre present Christmas Tea with Santa Claus and Cinderella, offering children and adults a whimsical afternoon celebration at the grand Earl Smith Strand Theater on the Marietta Square.
Seating for the Christmas Tea is immediately following The Lyric's performance of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella on Sunday December 6, 13, and 20 and Saturday December 19 at 4:30 PM with a tea setting of holiday treats and a visit with Santa Claus and Cinderella, including a special present for each child to create cherished holiday memories.
The Christmas Tea with Santa and Cinderella features:
• A Tea menu, including a selection of freshly prepared tea sandwiches
• Santa and Cinderella Sweets, including holiday cookies, chocolate fudge brownies, candy canes and more.
• A traditional Tea menu for adults, including an assortment of freshly prepared tea sandwiches and treats.
• A personal visit from Cinderella and Santa Claus.
• Story time with Santa, who will arrive awaiting to hear what's on each child's Wish List.
• Music by Santa's Elves, who will lead a parade to take pictures with Santa in the Strand Lobby.
• A special Christmas gift for each child.